Upcoming MatchDartford vs Charlton Athletic/July 6, 2024/Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park

Academy Match Reports

Dartford Whites 2 vs 4 Ebbsfleet United

 Dartford Whites suffered a 4-2 defeat at home to Ebbsfleet United in their U19 Youth Alliance game.

 The early pressure in the early stages of the game came from Dartford and within 2 minutes could’ve had a penalty, however it was waved away by the Referee and play continued. 

 Dartford however continued to press forward creating a number of chances but efforts from Levi Gold, Ryan Saad and Andrew Ikuesan did nothing to trouble the Ebbsfleet Goalkeeper, Ben Nonrse with these shots either going over the ball or into his gloves.

 Then 20 minutes in and after Saad is brought down inside the area, the referee awards Dartford a penalty. However Henri Fulton’s effort is saved down to Nonrse’s right and the score remains goalless.

 The penalty miss now starts to fire up Ebbsfleet as they begin to create chances of their own and Malik Morris is the first to really test Cameron Sangherra in the Dartford goal. He takes a lovely shot, but Sangherra is able to tip it over the crossbar.

 Dartford however are able to counter attack Ebbsfleet in the 30th Minute as the ball breaks to Gold who unleashes a fantastic effort. Nonrse is equal to it, managing to tip the effort onto the post before it goes out of play for a corner.

 The Half-Time whistle goes with the score still at 0-0, Dartford are in control of the game playing some great football and forcing the Ebbsfleet Goalkeeper into some great saves.

 Dartford continue to dominate the majority of the ball in the early stages of the 2nd Half, even creating a great opportunity as a Free-Kick from the right comes in, however Taylor Fisher’s header goes just over the bar.

 However just minutes after Dartford almost score, Ebbsfleet take the lead as in the 55th Minute, Morris lines a Free-Kick up on the far left, which floats into the box and beat everyone, including the Goalkeeper and goes into the bottom corner. To make matters worse, 3 minutes later and in a similar position, Morris takes another Free-Kick which also floats into the box and goes over Sangherra’s head, hits the crossbar and goes in. Ebbsfleet are now 2-0 in the blink of an eye.

 In the 70th Minute, Dartford manage to find a way back into the game as after Ebbsfleet try and clear the ball in the box, it ricochets off of Gold and goes into the net, Dartford are now only 2-1 behind with 20 minutes to go.

 However as quickly as Dartford peg it back to 2-1, Ebbsfleet score again making it 3-1. Ebbsfleet manage to find their way into the Dartford Penalty Area and after the ball bounces around, Jean-Pierre Alexander knocks the ball into an empty net after a defensive mix-up.

 It then gets worse for Dartford as they now trail 4-1, the linesman adjudges Timothy Origurinde to be onside and he bursts into the penalty area and finishes smartly in the left hand corner.

 There is then some hope for Dartford as they win a free-kick just outside the box, Fisher then steps up and takes a smart shot underneath a jumping wall and it finds it’s way past the Keeper, making it now 4-2 to Ebbsfleet.

 In the last minute of the game, it was almost a third for Dartford as the ball falls kindly to Saad in the box, however his effort cannons off the post.

 As the final whistle goes, it ends 4-2 to Ebbsfleet and is a day to forget for Dartford Whites, who will rue a number of missed chances in the 1st Half and a few refereeing decisions which may have gone their way on another day.





Dartford FC SCL 2 vs 0 Whitstable Town Academy

 Dartford FC Academy enjoyed a successful 2-0 win in their East Division match against Whitstable Town on Wednesday Afternoon.

 It could’ve started badly for Dartford however as Whitstable create an early opportunity, but are unable to convert instead their effort rebounds back off the crossbar. Whitstable throughout the majority of the 1st Half remain in control creating a number of chances, but struggle to finish any of them.

 Dartford however begin to find a way back into the game late in the 1st Half as they create a number of good opportunities through, Harry Paine and Joel Maymoto, however neither can find a finishing touch.

 Whitstable almost break the deadlock through a Free-Kick from about 25 yards out, however once again, they hit the crossbar and ball goes out of play.

 The 1st Half soon ends without producing any real quality from either team, however it is Whitstable who’ll feel the better after seeing 2 efforts ricochet off the Dartford crossbar.

 Into the 2nd Half and 6 minutes after the restart, Dartford finally manage to break the deadlock as Rodrigo Carrilho holds his run to stay onside, he then squares the ball to Maymoto and after taking a touch, he finishes well.

 Dartford now start to control the game, creating a few more opportunities as Borton see’s an effort go wide of the post. Then after a great clearance from Goalkeeper, Samuel Murray, Maymoto is through on goal, however his lobbed effort beats the Whitstable Keeper, but goes over the crossbar.

 However, 60 seconds after Maymoto’s effort went over, Carrilho finds his way into the Whitstable penalty area and he finishes cooly into the bottom left corner.

 After Dartford went 2-0 up, both sides created more chances, but none were too testing for either Goalkeeper. In the end it remained 2-0 to Dartford and after a poor 1st Half display, they were able to turn it around in the 2nd Half.

Leave a Reply