This website, www.dartfordfc.com (“Site”) is owned and operated by Dartford FC (1992) Ltd is registered at Trinity House, 3 Bullace Lane, Dartford, Kent, DA1 1BB, registered in England and Wales 2768338. VAT number 895845749.
References to “we”, “us” and “our” in this policy are all references to Dartford Football Club.
Dartford Football Club
What Personal Data We Hold on You
When you use the Site, contact us by post, telephone, fax, email, mobile messaging, completing forms, or face-to-face communication, we may collect, store and use this personal information you have disclosed to us.
Personal data means any information about an individual (“you”) from which that an individual can be identified.
We collect, use, store and transfer some of the personal data of our members/supporters/stakeholders [and their parents or guardians].
The information we may collect from you may include forename, surname date of birth, sexuality, ethnicity, address, e-mail address, phone number and gender. We also may ask for relevant health information, which is classed as a special category personal data. This is for the purposes of your health, wellbeing, welfare and safeguarding. Where we hold this data, it will be with the explicit consent of the member or, if applicable, the member’s parent or guardian.
Where we need to collect personal data to fulfil Club responsibilities and where you do not provide that data, we may not be able honour or administer your membership, season ticket, ticket fulfilment or other contractual obligation..
Please note, this website contains links to other/3rd party websites which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for our privacy practices and security of this site. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website that you visit or organisation you engage with.
By using this website and/or giving your information to us, you indicate your consent to us and our commercial partners collecting and using your personal information in accordance with the terms set out in this policy.
We may need to change the terms of this Policy from time to time and changes will be posted on this page (and/or where appropriate, otherwise notified to you direct). Your continued use of the Site or engaging with us will be deemed to be acceptance of amendments we make.
Why We Need Your Personal Data
We will only use personal data for any purpose for which it has been specifically provided.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We request that the information you provide is as accurate as possible. This purpose is this allows us to secure your privacy by differentiating you from others, and creating a “profile” for you so that we can provide a personalised service when you visit the Site and/or we send you marketing. Periodically we may from time to time send you an email asking you to “Update your Details” you have provided.
When you go to the update your details section of your account you will be able to specify what we can contact you regarding. There are two options to opt-in or out of which are highlighted below:
– Opt-in to receive communication from Dartford FC – by opting-in to this you will receive regular updates, promotions and information regarding ticketing, hospitality, conferences & events, retail, competitions, newsletters, breaking news and any information that is relevant to you.
– Opt-in to receive updates from official Dartford FC partners and selected third parties – by opting-in to this you will receive offers and information from official club partners and selected third parties that the club work with.
If you leave both options unticked the club will no longer contact you.
The more information you tell us about yourself, the more we can tailor our communication to your needs. Use of services accessed through the Site may require you to provide further or specific types of information.
Who we share your personal data with
When you become a member of the Club, your information, if you are a coach or volunteer will be or if you are another participant may be (depending upon which league(s) your team plays in) entered onto the Whole Game System database, which is administered by the FA. We also pass your information to the County FA and to leagues to register participants and the team for matches, tournaments or other events, and for affiliation purposes.
We Use Information About You for These Primary Purposes:
- To perform the services and contractual agreements between you and us, where you have requested, such as sending you our newsletters and other information about us or supply goods and/or services. The type of information we may use could include, for example, your name, address, email address, date of birth, telephone number and card or other payment details in relation to goods or services you purchase from us through the Site, club shop or otherwise.
We will NEVER share your financial information with other third parties for any reason other than processing transactions, fraud and credit risk protection, unless we have your explicit consent to do so.
- To run the Club and arrange matches; to administer memberships, and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club,
- To alert you to other information, including offers and promotions, relating to us, National League and/or (except where you have indicated otherwise) commercial partners and 3rd See below heading ‘Marketing Information’ for more information about this. For example, such information may include newsletters, offers, promotions, occasional surveys and other communications of potential interest from us, our official partners, or National League official partners.
- To carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer. Your feedback you provide is valued and helps to shape the products and services we offer which we think may interest you. You will have the right to opt-out of receiving or participating in our surveys at any time.
- To manage and improve the Site and allow you to use the features offered by the Site. Information we use for this purpose may include (for example) that about your computer and, where available, your IP address, operating system, location and browser type.
- We may also supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other organisations such as our commercial partners and group companies.
- We may share your personal data with selected third parties, suppliers and sub-contractors such as referees, coaches or match organisers. Third-party service providers will only process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
In addition, we reserve the right to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and characteristics to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site and to ascertain the number of users that have visited particular web pages.
We also keep track and data of what you do with our emails when you receive them for trends and statistics and to evaluate the efficiency of our information service. We may provide aggregated and anonymised data (not identifying any individual) only from these analyses to third parties.
News, offers and opportunities from us and our sponsors and commercial partners (which we provide only with your consent)
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third-parties or commercial partners without your consent, except only as set out in the ‘Disclosing (Sharing) of Your Information’ section below.
From time-to-time we, and/or our commercial partners (if you have agreed to receive their information when you provided your personal information) would like to contact you to tell you more about the offers, services, products and other initiatives available to you.
We and/or our commercial partners will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this and opted-in. However, if you are an existing member (and have not opted out) we may contact you by electronic means about services, products and initiatives similar to those you have previously received or enquired about (unless you have chosen not to receive such electronic communications).
If, at any time after registering, you would like to change your preference and opt-in or opt-out from receiving communications from us or third-parties you can do this at any time by unsubscribing. Dartford FC can also support you with unsubscribing and changing preferences.
Our Legal basis for processing your data
|Purpose/ Processing Activity||Lawful Basis for processing under Article 6 of the GDPR.|
|Processing membership forms and payments||Performance of a contract|
|Organising matches||Performance of a contract|
|Sending out match or Club information and updates|
|Performance of a contract|
|Sharing data with coaches, managers or officials to run training sessions or enter events||Performance of a contract|
|Sharing data with leagues we are in membership of, county associations and other competition providers for entry in events||Performance of a contract|
|Sharing data with Club employees to provide you with information about club activities, membership renewals or invitations to social events||The Club has a legitimate interest to engage in member and participant correspondence for club purposes.|
|Sharing data with third party service or facility providers||The Club has a legitimate interest to run the organisation efficiently and as it sees fit. Provision of some third party services is for the benefit of the Club, participants and its members.|
|Sharing anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority||The Club has a legitimate interest to run the organisation efficiently and as it sees fit. Application for funding is a purpose that benefits the Club, participants and its members.|
|Publishing match and league results||Consent. We will only publish your personal data in a public domain, including images and names, if you have given your consent for us to do so. In the case of children under the age of 13 then only with written consent of parent/guardian|
|Sending out marketing information such as newsletters and information about promotions and offers from sponsors||Consent. We will only send you direct marketing if you are an existing member, participant or other associated individual and you have not previously objected to this marketing, or, you have actively provided your consent.|
|To ensure we understand possible health risks||Consent. We will only process details on your medical history with your consent.|
|Processing contracts of goods or services||Performance of a contract|
We are not responsible or liable for the content, privacy policies or services offered by websites other than the Site, including those that link from the Site. We encourage you to read and familiarise yourself with the privacy policies, terms and conditions and/or other notices on other websites you visit.
Children and Young People
We realise and understand that children and young people under the age of 18 (“minors”) may visit the Site, or otherwise interact with us and our commercial partners. There are various control tools available for online services that we advise parents to utilise in order to create a child-friendly online environment for their children. Any minor using the Site and services offered is confirming that they have received the consent of their parent or a guardian to do so.
It is our policy:
- to encourage all minors to speak with their parents or legal guardian before submitting any personal information to us, our commercial partners or other third parties. Users of the Site, or certain services on may be asked to provide a valid email address for their parent or guardian so that we may verify parental consent, where required;
- not to make a minor’s participation in our activity contingent on the child disclosing any more personal information than is reasonably necessary in order to do so. Anyone known to be a minor may be allowed to participate in certain competitions and promotions, but notification of a win or prize will be sent directly to the parent or legal guardian identified in the initial registration process. Publication of a winning minor’s personal details will require parental or legal guardian consent;
Some of the facilities or functions accessible through the Site (including betting facilities advertised or accessed through it) are not intended to be accessible by, nor are they actively advertised to, minors.
Storing and Retaining Your Personal Data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data, which is held in secure data centres in the United Kingdom in accordance with current legislative requirements, industry standards and technology. We will keep the personal data you have provided for as long as we have a relationship with you; once that relationship has ended we will retain it in accordance with this Policy only for as long as we reasonably require and it will then be deleted and destroyed.
Some of the organisations to which we may disclose your personal information after we have obtained your consent (including, but not limited to, our commercial partners) may be situated outside of the European Economic Area, in countries which may not have laws that protect privacy rights as extensively as in the EU or United Kingdom, though we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is still properly protected.
How Long We Hold Your Personal Data
We keep your personal data as a member while you continue to be a member or are otherwise actively involved with the Club. We will delete this data 12 months after you have ended your membership or affiliation, or sooner if specifically requested and we are able to do so. We may need to retain some personal data for longer for legal or regulatory purposes.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Once your personal data is received, we store it safely, as set out in this Policy.
We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Disclosure (Sharing) Of Your Information
We have already described in the ‘Marketing Information’ section of this Policy under what circumstances your personal information may be shared with our commercial and official partners, if you have agreed.
In addition, there are some other reasons why we may disclose your personal information to third parties and these are as follows:
- to other companies within our commerical group; and to appoint other organisations to carry out some data processing activities on our behalf. For example, mailing services, payment processing and hosting service providers;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our supporters/members will be one of the transferred assets;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our commercial partners, our supporters, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- Where we share your personal information with third parties we will take all possible steps to ensure that it is properly protected and processed in accordance with this Policy.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership, or season ticket.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, and will inform you to any changes in how we handle your personal data.
Accessing Your Personal Information:
You have the right to see a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, you will be required to complete a subject access request form and the club will endeavour to fulfil this request for you in a reasonable, timely manner.
Update and Amend Your Personal Information:
You have the right to ask that the information we hold about you is corrected by updating/changing your profile preferences or by contacting us as above. We encourage you to update your personal information promptly if it changes.
Opt-out of Being Contacted:
You have the right to ask that we and/or our commercial partners stop contacting you by accessing your online account and clicking the relevant boxes on the screen upon which you provide information or by contacting us at email@example.com
Close Your Account/Delete Your Personal Information:
You (and any parent/guardian of a minor) have the right to request that we close your account and/or delete your personal information from our database. We will make all reasonable efforts to comply with this request. However, it may not be possible to delete an entry without some delay and without retaining some residual personal information because of backups and records of deletions (including to ensure we no-longer communicate with you) or because we are required to retain personal information for other lawful requirements.
Where to Make a Complaint
Information Commissioner’s Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
This Policy was last updated in May 2018.